COLOGNE, Germany, May 20, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- ANGA COM 2014 -- ARRIS Group, Inc. (Nasdaq: ARRS) today is unveiling five new CPE solutions for European cable operators to transform broadband and video delivery in the home. These solutions address consumer demand for quick and reliable content access on a variety of devices—with the latest wireless technology and cost-effective, attractive form factors.
Steve McCaffery, Senior Vice President, EMEA and Asia Pacific said: "ARRIS is driving the global transition to an all-digital content delivery platform and is at the forefront of developing a high performance broadband DOCSIS and DVB STB portfolio. The success of our set-tops and gateways in so many geographies speaks to service providers' ever-growing need for innovative solutions to deliver tomorrow's services on today's networks."
Superior Wireless Performance
- Touchstone TG2492 – EuroDOCSIS 3.0 wireless EMTA featuring up to 24x8 channel bonding for enhanced broadband speeds, as well as dual band concurrent 802.11n 2.4GHz and 802.11ac 5GHz radios for superior wireless coverage and performance. The TG2492 also includes up to two lines of carrier-grade VoIP and support for IPv6, Business Services, and Wi-Fi Hotspots for the ultimate extensibility in operator deployments
- Touchstone DG6800 – EuroDOCSIS 3.0 wireless data gateway with 16x4 channel bonding delivering the latest Wireless Dual Band Concurrent 802.11ac technology in a slim, cost-effective form factor that supports tomorrow's broadband speeds.
The Shift to Video Digitization
- HMC4120 - a Hybrid DVB-C/IP set-top featuring an embedded DOCSIS modem which enables the return path for access to interactive services such as video on demand, catch up TV and nDVR. The HMC4120 also features an optional removable HDD module, giving the operator flexibility to support DVR and non-DVR customers with the same platform.
- HMC3000 - enabling cable operators to deliver HD content to subscribers and facilitating the migration of subscribers to all digital and IP-based services. Both the HMC3000 and the HMC4120 are powered by the ARRIS KreaTV operating system which provides a general software platform for fast application development and integration. It is pre-integrated with leading applications, conditional access systems, and video servers—offering open standards interfaces for browser or native application-level development.
- HMC2010 –a cost-effective digital terminal adapter (DTA) for operators looking to convert analog subscribers to a digital service, helping to free up spectrum in their network. The compact and energy efficient design of all the HMC series set-tops, especially the HMC2010, minimizes energy consumption, reducing their impact on the environment.
ARRIS is a global innovator in IP, video and broadband technology. We have continually worked with our customers to transform the experience of entertainment and communications for millions of people across the world. The people of ARRIS are dedicated to the success of our customers, bringing a passion for invention that has fueled our 60-year history: We created digital TV, delivered the first wireless broadband gateway and are pioneering the standards and pathways for tomorrow's personalized, Ultra HD, multiscreen, and cloud services. We are dedicated to meeting today's challenges and preparing for the tasks the future holds. Collaborating with our customers, ARRIS will continue to solve the most pressing challenges of 21st century communications. Together, we are inventing the future. For more information: www.arrisi.com
For the latest ARRIS news:
ARRIS and the ARRIS Logo are trademarks or registered trademarks of ARRIS Enterprises, Inc. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners. © ARRIS Enterprises, Inc. 2014. All rights reserved.
SOURCE ARRIS Group, Inc.
Gemma Goatly, +44 7970 882994, email@example.com